Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Running the accounts payable aging report, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- In Dynamics GP, the Accounts Payable Aging Report…is found under Purchasing, Reports, Trial Balance.…You'll notice that there is no Aging Report, per se.…The Aging Report is a type of Trial Balance.…We're going to look at the Historical Aged Trial Balance.…The only difference between the Aged Trial Balance…with Options and the Historical Aged Trial Balance…is that with the Historical Aged Trial Balance,…you can specify that you want to select…the Aging buckets based on the General Ledger posting date.…
Let me show you that real quick.…Notice how this is disabled.…Selecting the transactions…by their GL posting date.…Whereas, if you used the Historical Aged Trial Balance,…that is no longer disabled.…I'm going to create a report option.…Call it AP Aging.…I'm going to specify that I would like the report in detail.…In Detail means I can see all the individual invoices,…credit memos, et cetera.…The key date here is your aging date.…
What date are you aging from?…It's usually a month end date.…I don't ever change this when I'm running…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.