Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying built-in reports with Report Writer, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- Let's take a look at modifying…the built-in reports in Dynamics GP.…There is a reporting tool called Dynamics GP Report Writer…which can be accessed under Tools, Customize, Report Writer,…or by selecting Alt+F9.…Now, I recommend rather than launching Report Writer,…selecting a product, and then sort of fishing around…for the report, I don't recommend doing that.…Let's go to File, Dynamics GP and go back into GP.…
Say I want to change the vendor list report as an example.…The best way to do this…is to run the report that you want to change.…And run it to the screen.…From there you can modify it.…Let's take a look at that.…The Vendor List report is here,…created an option called All.…There's no restrictions on it.…I've set the Destination to the Screen.…Let me Print the report.…It'll send it to the Screen.…Okay, I see my report.…What I want to add to this report…is the comment to field from the vendor.…
Let me go to the Vendor record.…I'll bring up the first vendor, ACETRAVEL,…and I'm going to put something in Comment 1.…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.