Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Merging accounts, customers, and vendors, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- Dynamics GP provides utilities allowing you…to renumber your customers and vendor IDs,…and also to merge customers and vendors together.…So, if you have a duplicated vendor or duplicated customer…you're able to combine their occurrence together…and then that follows that all their…transactional history will also be combined.…Let's take a look at the Customer Card.…We'll go to a customer and notice that the Customer ID…is a disabled field, it's grayed out.…
I can't get in there and change the ID.…And that's the safeguard against the user changing the ID…and then losing all the transaction history.…Because in the database, in the tables…for all of the history for this customer,…and even in the work files, the customer history…is tagged with that unique primary key ID.…However, sometimes you do need to re-number these IDs.…And so there's a utility to do that.…And that utility is found…in the Sales series under Utilities,…as the Customer Combiner and Modifier.…
Let's look at the Customer Modifier first.…You have to select a valid Customer ID…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.