Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing report dictionaries, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- Dictionary files in Dynamics GP…are often a source of confusion to users.…Let me clear this up for you by showing you…how we can edit the launch file…and see exactly what dictionaries the system is pointing to.…Dictionaries are files that have the layouts…for various things, such as Windows, Reports,…and the code that makes the system work.…We'll select the Administration navigation pane…and then under System, you'll find Edit Launch File.…
You'll need to have the system password…in order to get into the screen.…Oftentimes, this is set to the word "access."…A-C-C-E-S-S.…Okay. You'll notice…that there are several products installed.…Product number zero…is always Microsoft Dynamics GP itself.…The additional products are either add-on softwares…or things that used to be add-on softwares…that were acquired by Microsoft…and made part of the base package.…
For instance, Electronic Reconcile, Safe Pay,…Field Service, et cetera.…The most important product, of course,…is Product ID 0, GP itself.…Let's click on that.…Okay. What you see is that there are three types…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.