Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning the secret of user preferences, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- In Dynamics GP you can set your own user preferences.…Those preferences will apply to your user id…regardless of what work station you log into…when you run Dynamics GP.…User Preferences can be found on the main menu.…I'm going to show you how I set up my User Preferences…and I think this will apply to most users.…What you're seeing now is the default…setup for User Preferences…and there's definitely some things we should change here.…For instance, I set the Default Report Destination…to "Screen".…
In this way I get to see the report…before I actually commit to sending it…to a printer or to a file.…I never change the Entry Key behavior.…This is a feature that was added to the system…in order to be compatible with the idea…of moving from field to field using the "Enter" key…instead of the "Tab" key.…Nowadays, most users understand that…the best way to move from field to field…with a Windows application is to use the "Tab" key.…If you're using the Sales Order Processing module,…you definitely want to change this…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.