Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Knowing your item types, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP (2015).
- The Dynamics GP inventory module…interacts with both the sales module,…with sales order invoices,…and the purchasing module, with purchase orders.…So, understanding your item types is important…to configuring both sales order processing…and purchase order processing.…Let's take a look at an item card.…I'm going to create a new item,…and I want you to note that the item class ID…is not a required field.…
You see, it's not bolded.…However, I recommend that first you think through…that first you think through…what item classes you need…and set those up with all the proper count mappings…and item type, the evaluation method,…the taxing options,…all of that needs to be thought through very carefully…including this, how many decimals, spaces,…you're going to allow for the quantities.…In other words, you have a fractional quantity.…So, I'm going to select the class here.…
It's asking me, do I want to update this item…with information from the class here?…Always going to say yes to that.…That's how you get the item filled out.…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.