Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Knowing your document types, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- The Sales Order module in Dynamics GP is very powerful.…It's one of the core competencies of Dynamics GP.…However, the setup of that module is complex,…and you'll need somebody experienced with…implementing GP to guide you through it.…Let's look at the Sales Series, Setup,…Sales Order Processing.…Let's start with the different document types…that can be created.…They're following in a sort of life cycle of document types.…We start with a Quote, it gets promoted to an Order,…it gets promoted to an Invoice, and spawns Back Orders…for the lines where there isn't anything available to ship.…
And then, after you've sold things, if they come back,…you can sort of do a reverse Invoice, which is a Return.…Over here you're going to have posting of the credit to…revenue and the debit to accounts receivable.…Over here you'll have the reverse.…With these three types,…you don't have a general ledger effect.…You're just setting things aside.…A lot of times all people are doing is just invoicing.…And they really shouldn't have any of these…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.