Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Harnessing the power of recurring batches, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- Dynamics GP has an important feature…called recurring batches.…This is especially important in the financial series…for general ledger transactions.…General ledger entries are often repetitive,…tend to post the same type of entries every single month…as part of our closing process.…Let's take a look at a batch of general ledger transactions…that I've already keyed into the system.…I created a batch called every month,…and I set the frequency of the batch to monthly.…By default, the frequency of your batches…for general ledger will be single use.…
There are many frequencies here,…but the ones that are typically used are single use,…most of the time, and then monthly.…A recurring posting allows you…to specify a maximum number of times…that you want this posted.…If you leave it at zero, it'll just continuously exist…until you specifically delete it.…I can see I have one journal entry in this batch.…I could have more than one.…Let's take a look at that transaction…that I have in this batch.…When I hit the transaction button,…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.