Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Gaining control: Grasping the all-important Posting Setup window, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- The most important screen in the entire…Microsoft Dynamics GP system, I believe,…is the setup posting window.…You navigate by clicking on the main menu…and then selecting tools, setup, posting, posting.…You can also get there under administration…in posting, posting.…Let's take a look at this very important setup window…that very largely determines how your Dynamics GP system…is going to behave.…
There's a lot going on here.…In the first place, there is a dropdown…for which series you're working with…so that you can configure each series…to work slightly differently.…Let's look at the purchasing series.…What I like to do here is to select all.…That way the settings that I check…in all of these other boxes will apply…to all of the different windows…where posting can occur within this series.…You can configure each window individually,…such as, here is a payables transaction entry,…that's where you enter a payables voucher, for instance.…
Or here's where I do a computer check,…and I can make that behave differently…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.