Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering bank transactions, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- The Dynamics GP Bank Reconciliation module…is found under the Financial series.…The Bank Rec. module is very useful…and is often a better way of preparing…a bank reconciliation than just using Excel…outside of the system.…However, it can be a bit tricky…and it works a little differently…than other modules.…Let me show you that.…The screens you have are Bank Deposits,…Bank Transactions,…Bank Transfers,…and then, after you've done all that good stuff,…you come to Reconcile the Bank Statement…here to finish up.…
Now, the first things that's a little bit tricky here…is that they're sort of out of order in a way…because Bank Transactions…really come before Bank Deposits.…Bank Deposits are groupings of Bank Transactions.…Some of these Bank Deposits could be flowing in…from other modules.…Bank Deposit could be flowing in…from Accounts Receivable module, for instance.…They are receipts.…Let me explain what the Bank Deposit Entry Window is.…It's a way to group checks that you've received…from your customers, generally speaking,…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.