Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering an accounts payable voucher, part of Learning Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- In Microsoft Dynamics GP you can enter…an accounts payable invoice, often called an AP voucher…or supplier invoice, in one of two ways.…Let's go to the purchasing series…and look under transactions.…We'll see that there's a transaction entry…as well as an enter/match invoices.…Enter/match invoices is used if you're trying…to match an invoice to a purchase order…that you've entered into Dynamics GP.…We're going to look at the transaction entry window,…which is a more simple invoice,…not an invoice that has multiple line items…such as in a purchase order,…but an invoice where we're putting in…a total purchases amount to cover the entire invoice.…
The voucher number is a numeric sequential number.…This is set in the setup for the payables module.…Let's take a look at that setup really quick.…Setup, options, see where the next voucher number is.…By default, Microsoft Dynamics GP…will put in a large number with lots of lead zeros.…So when I do a setup I typically will change this…to a shorter sequence of numbers such as that.…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.