Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating new companies, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- You can create an unlimited number of companies…in Dynamics GP.…Each company will create a separate database.…In order to create a company,…you have to run a separate application…called Dynamics GP Utilities.…When I create companies,…I typically will log in as the SA,…that's the System Administrator.…This gives you the maximum amount of database privileges.…When creating new companies, you definitely want to get…your database administrator involved,…and you also want to get your Dynamics GP partner involved.…
This is not something typically that's done by users…on their own, even superusers.…Let's look at what's involved…in creating a Dynamics GP company.…I run Utilities,…and after it's validating the product version --…it'll always do that -- you have a choice…of things that you can do with Dynamics GP Utilities,…and one of those is create a company.…So select Create a company and then hit the Process button.…It's asking for the database name,…that's why it says DB for database.…
You can only give up to five digits,…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.