Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Cleaning up the homepage, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- The Dynamics GP homepage can become…problematic for some users.…It might bog down the time it takes for them…to log into Microsoft Dynamics GP.…For instance, the connect content has links…to internet websites.…The loading and refreshing from the web…can slow down the login to Dynamics GP.…Often unnecessarily,…most times the user doesn't even look…at the information that's in the connect content.…To-do reminders can also be sort of…pesky annoyances rather than…providing useful information.…
Often times the user has a homepage…that's been configured by their administrator…as many as several years ago…and they've never changed it.…And they're living with sort of cumbersome…displays that they no longer need.…It's really easy to fix all of this…and clean it up and streamline it.…Let's look at that.…First go to customize this page,…unclick the connect section,…hit OK.…Now, next time you log into Dynamics GP…you won't have to wait for that to load.…
For reminders in your to-do lists,…you have to ask yourself the question…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.