Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Building SmartLists, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- The SmartList in Dynamics GP…is an incredibly useful tool…and I'm always dismayed when I find users…who don't make good use out of it.…SmartList is found under the main menu.…To open up a SmartList,…under the New button, you can build a SmartList…with the SmartList Designer.…This product used to be called SmartList Builder.…Don't go in here,…unless you want to do something really complicated…where you're going down to the table level…of the database tables.…You don't need that.…The way to create a SmartList is to add a Favorite.…
Let's start with a nice, simple, easy-to-use SmartLists…that so many users have come to know and love.…I'm going to give an example of having a task…when my supervisor asked me to say,…"Find all the customers that are Illinois customers.…"They're located in Illinois, State of Illinois,…"and their payment terms are net 30.…"I want you to change all of them to COD payment terms."…Well, I can go under Sales, Customer,…and you see with the asterisk,…that means it's a built-in SmartList,…sort of factory loaded.…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.