Join Renato Bellu for an in-depth discussion in this video Billing your customers, part of Up and Running with Dynamics GP.
- In Dynamics GP, you can bill your customers…in a variety of ways.…For instance, in the Project Accounting module,…you bill projects using a separate billing engine…than the Sales Order Processing billing engine,…which you have here.…You also have Invoice Entry, which is a limited version…of the full-blown Sales Transaction Entry,…and I recommend using the full Sales Transaction Entry,…the regular SOP module as they call it.…You can also create receivables transactions…using Transaction Entry, which will create a transaction…in the AR that can be an Invoice as you see…but that's not really true billing.…
Where you want to be is here, Sales Transaction Entry.…So let's about that.…There are many features in here and I'm going to go over…some of the common gotchas.…For instance, I'm going to create an Invoice right now…and show you what happens when I try to sell something…that I don't have.…So this item is an item that is being tracked,…as far as quantities.…It's a sale inventory item…and when I go and try to sell this,…
- Using the SmartList to extract data from Dynamics GP
- Controlling the behavior of the GP by mastering the posting setup window
- Grasping the chart of accounts format
- Entering and posting general ledger journal entries
- Entering accounts payable vouchers and accounts receivable transactions, such as credit memos
- Setting up new inventory items and running stock status reports
- Understanding the ins and outs of the bank reconciliation module
- Creating new companies
- Uploading budgets into Dynamics GP from Microsoft Excel
- Entering sales orders and billing your customers
- Managing inventory price lists
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which versions of Dynamics GP does this cover?
A: We cover the latest installed version of Dynamics GP. This course doesn't cover the web-based version of Dynamics GP explicitly, although you may find there are similarities.