To work along with this course, you'll need access to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016, or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, which the author will use for all demonstrations. If you do not have access to a current version of Dynamics CRM online or on premises, consider beginning a free trial of Dynamics CRM, if available from Microsoft.
- [Instructor] This is a software course, so if you want to work along with me, you need some software. Specifically, you need Microsoft Dynamics CRM, either Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016, which is the on-premises version of the product, or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, which is the cloud-based version of the product. So online or on-premises, either will work if you'd like to work along with me. Perhaps though you're taking this course so you can decide if you'd like to spend more time with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
In that case, you have a couple of options. First, there is a free trial available for Microsoft. Here's a link. If you enter this URL, which is bit.ly/lynda uppercase CRM, when you enter that URL in your browser, you will end up on the Microsoft Dynamics page. And you can click right here and Try CRM Now. This is how you would engage in a free trial. Now, to be clear, Microsoft Dynamics CRM is an expensive product, so if you're not in a position to take advantage of the trial, I would encourage you to wait because you'd like to have some colleagues to work along with you.
If you have a number of people who need to evaluate this product, you should do it together at the same time. In other words, you want to be organized and treat the exploration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM via a free trial as a small pilot project. Whether you're taking this course to learn how to work with the Microsoft Dynamics tool you already have or to work along with me using a free trial or perhaps to decide whether or not you'd like to further explore Microsoft Dynamics CRM and undertake a trial with other people in your organization, this is a great place for you to start.
Let's get going.
- Working with records
- Configuring case forms
- Creating cases and merging cases
- Adding activities to the timeline
- Researching the knowledge base
- Monitoring the dashboard
- Managing queues
- Documenting solutions as articles
- Running and exporting reports