In a record list, open the drop down on the view name to choose a different view. Click a column heading to sort the view by that column. Click the filter button to display filter drop down arrows on the field headings; click a drop down arrow to filter the list on that column. Open the drop down list on the view name to save the current view as a new personal view. Click the filter button to turn off unsaved filters.
- [Instructor] Let's open one of our record sets,…for example let's open the Contact's list.…And just as you can modify the view…to choose for example,…all Active Contacts,…and set a Default View,…you also have the ability to sort.…Right now this view is sorted by Full Name,…and you can tell that because it has an upward…pointing arrow,…but if I wanted to sort these contacts by Company Name,…I can simply click Company Name,…and first I'll see the folks who don't have any…company at all,…but as I page through using the Page controls,…we'll eventually get to folks who work for…specific companies and those will be in alphabetical order.…
As well as sorting, I can also assign a filter.…So if I click Filter, the Filter arrows come on,…and I could say that I want to only look at those contacts…where we have a Company Name that contains some data.…And this now gives me a list of the 79 Active Contacts…where we have a company name listed.…I can tell that this sorted by Company Name,…because the arrow points up on Company Name.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.