While you can manually enter leads and other record types in Dynamics CRM, when you have batches of existing records in a spreadsheet like Excel, importing the existing data saves time and is less error-prone. An Excel template exists for most record types; copy and paste your data into the template, then use the Data Import Wizard to import the data. For contacts and leads in Outlook, you can either import the contacts into Dynamics CRM or connect to Outlook and track contacts in CRM.
- [Instructor] You don't need to manually enter…every single contact, or every single data element…that you use in Dynamics CRM.…Whether we're looking at leads or opportunities,…contacts, or accounts, if you already have data,…then you can usually find a way to bring it…into Microsoft Dynamics CRM.…Let's look at some options.…Our first choice in terms of importing data…is to import spreadsheets, and there's an…Import Data wizard that allows us to do that…along with data templates that have…all of the columns that are required…and make for easy importing into Microsoft Dynamics CRM,…so you begin with data that you already have,…and then you either use a map to map…the information in your file…into the specific CRM fields,…or you can manually rearrange the spreadsheet…you already have and then copy and paste it…into the data template.…
The second choice is to track Outlook contacts,…and when you do that, you're using Outlook along with CRM,…and the contacts that you have in Outlook…can then be tracked in Dynamics CRM.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.