To create a new record click the Create button on the toolbar and choose the type of record you wish to create. Enter all required fields (marked with a red asterisk) and other optional data. When you are finished, choose Save to save the new record. After the initial save, Dynamics CRM automatically saves an edited record every 30 seconds; if you don't want to wait for autosave, click the Save button in the lower right corner of the record.
- [Narrator] It's very easy to create new records…in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.…If you are already in a list, you can create a new record,…but you don't need to be in a list,…you can simply have some information,…you've returned from a trade show…or you met someone on an airplane,…you want to enter their company information…and their contact information.…Easy enough to do: simply click the plus sign…and choose the type of information you would like to enter.…I'd like to enter a new contact.…
Choose Contact, and the appropriate form will open.…Notice that last name is required,…first name is not required.…I'm going to simply enter the last name,…and it's Martinez.…And I can use Tab to move between the fields,…Shift Tab moves me backwards.…This is Shawn Martinez,…who is the CIO at a company named Buzzster.…Now, I could check to see if this company exists first,…we don't have this, so I can create a new record,…I can look up others.…
And then I have some email information.…Now, notice that I get this nice red circle…that says that there is no record found,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.