There are two primary integrations between Outlook and Dynamics CRM: Dynamics CRM for Outlook and Dynamics CRM App for Outlook. This movie demonstrates tracking an Outlook email with Dynamics CRM, including creating a new contact and new account for Dynamics CRM from Outlook. After synchronization, the tracked activity can be converted to an opportunity (or case) from Outlook or in Dynamics CRM.
- [Instructor] Don't touch that dial,…you aren't looking at Dynamics CRM,…you're looking at Outlook, but we're here intentionally.…There are two different ways that you can integrate…Outlook and Dynamics CRM, and some organizations use…one or the other, and some use both,…but most organizations using Dynamics CRM…are doing it in part to be able to capture and share…information that normally would come to just…one person's inbox.…So you may be using this product, which is…Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook.…
It is used in the desktop version of Outlook,…it adds another tab, for example,…this CRM tab, and there's a CRM group…on the Home tab of the ribbon,…and this allows me to work fairly seamlessly…between Outlook and Dynamics CRM,…and in fact, do a fair amount of the work…that I might do in Dynamics CRM here in Outlook.…The other possibility is the Microsoft Dynamics CRM…app for Outlook, which is totally based around email…and not calendar tasks or the other types of…activities that we would see in Dynamics CRM.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.