If the information you need to create an opportunity has already been captured in a phone call, appointment, or other activity, convert that activity to an opportunity. Open the activity, click the Convert To down arrow on the command bar, and choose To Opportunity to transfer the activity data to the opportunity form. Fill in any other required or optional information then click Save to save the new opportunity. If you're working in service, choose Convert To then To Case to convert an activity to a new case.
- [Instructor] There's yet another way…that we can create a new opportunity.…We don't need to qualify a lead…or manually enter all the information…or even import information using the Import Wizard.…We can also promote an activity…to become an opportunity.…This really makes sense if you think about it.…You're in a conversation,…and you're capturing that conversation…as a series of meetings, or phone calls,…or emails, or tasks.…When it comes time, then, that you get the information…that says, "We're ready to move forward,"…with an established customer,…and if your organization's business process allows,…you can simply open that activity and convert it.…
Two choices.…We can convert it to an opportunity in the sales process,…but if we were working in customer service,…we could also take one of the activities in a conversation…and convert it to a case.…I'd like to convert this, however, to an opportunity.…This takes a second,…and we're going to see an opportunity form open…so that we can enter the required information…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.