Assigning transfers ownership of a lead to the new assignee: an individual or team. To assign multiple leads, view leads and select them, then click Assign on the command bar. To assign one lead, open the lead and click Assign on the command bar. To retain ownership but allow collaboration, share the lead with others on your team. With the lead open, click Share on the command bar. Choose permissions and click Share.
- [Narrator] When I create a lead,…I am automatically the owner.…So I created this lead for training on social medial tools,…Rebecca Davis is the contact, and I'm the owner.…I could, however, assign this lead to someone else.…Or I might want to find one of the leads…that's been imported and assign it to me.…Let's look at those two scenarios.…To assign this lead to someone else,…I should hand this off to someone else…in the social media training area.…
So I'll click Assign,…and notice by default it's assigning it to me,…but if I click on Assign to,…this is a toggle between me and everyone else.…And I can then assign it to a user or to a team of users,…and I can look those folks up pretty easily.…And I want to assign this to Griffin Snow.…Let's go find him.…There he is.…And I'm simply going to assign this.…And notice now that the owner is Griffin Snow.…
If I want it back,…easy enough, assign it back to me,…and here it comes.…Some people do not have the ability to assign leads,…and in some organizations…all lead assignment is done automatically, using workflows.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Viewing personal and team dashboards
- Creating and qualifying leads
- Converting activities to opportunities
- Working with customer service cases
- Managing case queues
- Researching solutions
- Running and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Dynamics CRM Data and Processes
2. Getting Started
3. Focus on My Work
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
6. Focus on Customer Service
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.