Confirm that your Office 365 user account is set up correctly and learn how Dynamics roles and privileges affect what changes you can make in your CRM system.
- [Instructor] This course assumes that you have a Dynamics License, so everything I do in this course is with the Dynamics 365 Plan One Enterprise Edition License. So there's a couple of roles that you can be assigned. You see that I'm a global administrator, but I've also got someone set up as a service administrator, so notice that they're just the Dynamics 365 service administrator. So I'm set up as an Office 365 global admin, Sudan is just set up as a Dynamics admin, and then I've got Kim set up as a user.
So she has no administrative access, either with Office 365 or with Dynamics. So that's important for you to understand as far as permissions go. So those are Office 365 permissions. There's three roles that you can have: global admin, system admin, user. Now inside of Dynamics 365, if you're a system admin, then you can come in and you can assign permissions inside of here. So I'm a system administrator inside of Dynamics 365. If you want to know more about the default security roles, go out here to the MSDN article, and it'll let you know what everything is.
So there's sales manager, salesperson, and there are corresponding role maps. So for example, you see the salesperson here, I can go to the security roles, and it'll tell me what a salesperson can do. So, probably worth a little bit of research if you are a Dynamics 365 admin, but I'm assuming again, in this course, that you've already been assigned Office 365 permissions, and you've already been assigned Dynamics permissions. So assuming all that's been done, then when you go to homedynamics.com and you log in with your Office 365 account, if you don't have any apps here, just click the Sync button and they should pop up.
And final assumption is that you have the Sales module. So I'm working off of a brand new install, and yet I have all this really cool data. What's nice is that they give you some data. So again, a system admin would have to turn this on for you, but you can go into Settings and then you can go into Data Management, and this is where you can turn on the Sample Data or you can remove the Sample Data. And so typically we'll use this when we're testing something out.
If you're working off of a fresh install, you'll need the cooperation of your Office 365 and Dynamics admins to get the license, roles, privileges, and sample data that you need to click through this course with me. All right, we're ready! Let's get started.
- Creating new accounts and contacts
- Entering customer data
- Finding, sorting, and filtering customer records
- Qualifying leads
- Sending quotes
- Drilling down into a sales report
- Exporting Dynamics 365 data to Excel