Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video What you need, part of Microsoft Dynamics 365: Advanced Techniques.
- [Instructor] There are a few things that you'll need if you are going to work along with me in this course. First you will need to have Microsoft Dynamics. Microsoft Dynamics 365 online or on premises, or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 or online. You'll also want to have a couple of Office applications that we'll be using to create templates, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. This is not a beginning course in either Dynamics or Excel or Word, I'm assuming you have some knowledge of, or experience with Microsoft Dynamics, that you know a little bit about how to work in Excel and how to work in Microsoft Word.
I will be using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Online for the demonstrations in this course and I'm using the sample data that's provided by Microsoft that you can download either with the trial or to set up a new Microsoft Dynamics 365 online instance, that dataset has some accounts, some contacts and so on, but there are also fields that are not occupied that don't have any data and I've added data to four of those fields for most of my records.
The fields are credit hold, credit limit, industry, and payment terms. If you are working with your own data and you don't have information like this, then you might want to choose different columns than these when you're creating reports and views and templates and other things I'm creating. If you're working with sample data or in a sandbox with data that you can simply modify, I'd encourage you to add some information on credit holds, credit limits, industry and payment terms to some of your records, to get the most out of working along with me in this course.
One more thought. Most of the demonstrations that I do will be using the sales and the service modules of Dynamics 365, but the skills that we're learning about how to create reports and views and templates and so on, work with all of the modules, whether you're working in sales and service, or for example in marketing. Now that we know what we need, let's get going.
- Running, managing, exporting, and sharing reports
- Creating charts and dashboards
- Adding dashboard charts
- Modifying dashboard appearance
- Using system templates
- Creating personal Word templates
- Downloading data for an Excel template
- Modifying a template in Excel
- Creating a personal email signature