Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video View the general ledger and chart of accounts, part of Learning Dynamics 365 (2017).
- [Female Narrator] Before we leave,…let's spend some time with the general ledger…and our chart of accounts.…The general ledger is where all of our financial data…is ultimately stored.…When we've been working with other ledgers,…they've been rolling up to the general ledger.…For example, this shows us what…our current accounts receivable is.…Under liabilities are current liabilities,…our current payroll liabilities,…and our equity, and so on.…These are arranged in categories.…For example, if I click on cash, cash isn't just one thing.…
There are three general ledger accounts in this category:…our checking account, our savings account,…and our petty cash, and the three of them together…are in the category called cash.…Accounts receivable has only one category, prepaid expenses.…We prepay both our rent and our insurance.…So, the categories allow us to classify,…for the purpose of income statements, balance sheets,…and other financial documents, how our accounts…are in relationship to each other.…
We can also modify the setup of the general ledger.…
AuthorGini von Courter
In this course, learn how to power your business with Dynamics 365, Business edition. Gini von Courter walks you through how to navigate the suite, create and edit records, and print reports. She also shows you how to work with vendor information, create and post invoices, manage sales interactions, apply customer payments, reconcile accounts, and more.
- Identify the factor that influences the information that you see when you log in to Dynamics 365.
- Recall what occurs when a potential customer might want to receive more information and could potentially make a purchase.
- Explain what you must do to turn a quote into an order.
- Recognize what Outlook for financials allows you to integrate with your email.
- List what the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Financials app is available for.
- Name the process of applying payments you have made and received.
Skill Level Beginner
Yammer 2016 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter2h 26m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Work with Purchasing
3. Work with Sales
4. Work with Finance
Pay vendors2m 50s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.