Learn how to qualify a lead in this video. Dynamics 365 for sales treats leads as if they were in a holding area. In the first stage in the default sales process—qualify—the lead owner determines whether there is sufficient information about the lead and related contact to remove that separation and include the lead with other CRM information. If a lead is qualified it is converted to an opportunity.
- [Instructor] Some sales organizations do not use leads. … Whenever there is information about an opportunity, … the opportunities enter directly in opportunities. … The leads feature in Dynamics … is a holding tank. … It provides something like a firewall … between folks who are bringing in potential new business … and our existing customer base. … So rather than co-mingle, … someone who calls and says, "Hey, … "would you like to do a solar project for us?" … Or someone we meet on an airplane … with people who spent $2 million with us in the last year, … we can hold them separate … and do a little bit of work on the lead … to make sure that they're substantial … before we really move them to the opportunities column. … If we use the default sales process in Microsoft Dynamics, … then when we qualify a lead, … we're really moving it inside the firewall. … If we go take a look at Robin, … here's the sales process at the top of the screen. … Qualified, develop, propose, and close. … And if I click qualify, …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.