In this video, learn how to view the report behind a chart in a Dynamics 365 Power BI dashboard by clicking on visualization, or clicking the Open in Power BI command on the toolbar at the top of the dashboard.
- [Instructor] Now, let's look at a chart … from a dashboard created in Power BI. … It's going to behave a little differently. … I'm going to go to the Dynamics 365 Sales Manager dashboard. … Again, we need to wait a little longer … for it to load because we're firing … up Power BI to fire up Dynamics. … But here is our dashboard, and it's composed … of many different tiles that illustrate information. … Now, where these tiles originally came … from in Power BI was a report, so if I want … to know more for example about the win count … or the average deal size or something else, … notice that I have something I can click … on because the pointer changes shape. … So let's go to Win Count this year … and click on that number 42 item, … and what's going to open is not another chart, … I wasn't asked to provide information … about what I wanted to look at, … I'm being taken to this tile in Power BI. … And if I want to see the report … that sits behind this, one of my choices … is to open the Power BI report so that we can view it. …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.