Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create an opportunity, part of Learning Dynamics 365.
- [Instructor] Not all organizations…use opportunities as part of their sales process,…and some that use opportunities also use leads.…Dynamics 365 Financials begins with opportunities,…the idea that someone might be interested…in receiving more information from us about a purchase.…This isn't the same as an invoice,…it's not the same as a quote, it's a request,…a possibility that we could provide…some information and could make a sale.…
Opportunities are tied to contacts,…and depending on how your organization…chooses to align business to business clients…verses business to customer or retail clients,…you might be creating opportunities…on the contact card for the organization,…the customer itself, or a specific contact.…The way we're doing it in my organization is…we're going to create an opportunity…based on a particular contact if we know who the contact is.…
For example, if we get a call or have a conversation…with Helen Ray and know that she's looking for something,…whereas if we have heard that Trey Research…
AuthorGini von Courter
In this course, learn how to power your business with Dynamics 365, Business edition. Gini von Courter walks you through how to navigate the suite, create and edit records, and print reports. She also shows you how to work with vendor information, create and post invoices, manage sales interactions, apply customer payments, reconcile accounts, and more.
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating, saving, and editing a record
- Viewing items
- Viewing and printing a report
- Working with purchasing
- Creating and posting a purchase invoice
- Working with sales
- Recording interactions and updating the opportunity
- Working with finance
Skill Level Beginner
Yammer 2016 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter2h 26m Appropriate for all
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Work with Purchasing
3. Work with Sales
4. Work with Finance
Pay vendors2m 50s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.