Learn how to create a new record in this video. By clicking the New (+) button at the top of a list to open an entity's new record form, or alternatively by clicking the Quick Create (+) button on the Dynamics toolbar, you can choose the type of record you wish to create. Enter all required fields and other optional data. When you are finished, choose Save to save the new record.
- [Instructor] There are two different ways … that we can create many of the records … that we see in Dynamics 365. … The first way, the traditional way, … is to go to the list where you would want to add an item. … For example, My Active Contacts to add a new contact, … and there's a new contact button here. … Notice it says New, Create a new Contact record. … I want to contrast that with this button. … This is simply Create a new record. … We'll get to that one in a moment, … but if I click the New Contact Record button, … what I get is a blank form to enter a new contact, … and this form comes with a little bit filled in. … I'm creating it, so it makes me the owner. … Now, I can click and find me here. … This form is partially filled in. … I'm creating this new contact, … and therefore I'm already here, … and I know that this has to be filled in … because there's a red asterisk. … That means required. … In the same way, I can't add a contact without a last name. … It's required, but there's a blue plus here, …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.