Learn how to create a lead to capture information about potential sales in this video. Explore how to enter the lead topic, contact information, and company information in the Summary area of the form, and provide the industry and preferred contact method in the Detail area.
- [Instructor] All of our work to this point … has been preparation for the main event, … for our engagement with the sales business process. … We will begin by working with leads … because in our business process, … the very first thing we need is a lead to work with. … A lead can be someone you've done business with previously, … they can be someone you've never met before. … Perhaps their name was given to you on a list … or by a colleague or by a friend. … Hey, you should call Gabrielle … and have a conversation about solar power. … A lead can be someone you sat next to on an airplane, … and indeed, that is exactly how we acquired our latest lead, … Robin Riley from BlueJam. … We don't have Robin anywhere in Dynamics yet, … so I'm going to create a new lead. … Remember also that I have the ability … to create a new lead here with quick create, … but the first thing I have is a first name. … It's going to give me a hassle … when I don't fill in topic first, but that's okay. … I have Robin Riley who's from BlueJam …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.