In this video, learn how to create an activity to track your communications with customers and other accounts such as phone calls, email messages, appointments, faxes, service requests. Activities specific to a record are displayed in your Activities feed. Also, learn how to create tasks for specific customers or for general tasks.
- [Instructor] In the My Work Activity on the left side … we see not just Dashboards but Activities. … Activities are communications with our customers … as well as our intentions about communications, … like appointments and tasks. … Here's a list of my activities. … I can filter these by when they are due. … So if I wanted to see the next … seven days or earlier I can click. … I have work to do, clearly. … I can also view closed activities. … I can view activities by type. … Here are My Tasks and All Tasks, … My Phone Calls and All Phone Calls and so on. … To create a new activity, first you need to determine … what the activity is about. … So if I want to create an activity that has … nothing to do with a specific customer, … a specific account, lead, or opportunity, … then I can simply create that right here … untethered to anything else, … so I'm going to create a task to remind myself … to update my profile on LinkedIn. … So I'm going to go to TASK, … Update LinkedIn Profile. … Now if I had a hyperlink to put here I could, …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.