If the information you need to create an opportunity has already been captured in a phone call, appointment, or other activity, you can convert that activity to an opportunity. Learn how to convert an activity to an opportunity in this video.
- [Instructor] There's yet a third way … we can create a new opportunity. … We can promote an activity to become an opportunity. … This really makes sense. … You're in a conversation with a customer. … You're capturing that conversation in a series … of appointments or phone calls, or emails or tasks, … and when it comes time then, … you get the information that says … we're ready to move forward. … With an established customer, … and if your organization's business process allows, … you can simply open that opportunity and convert it. … Here is the phone call that we received … from Virginia Frasier telling us that Avamm … is ready to order their maintenance agreement … for their manufacturing plants. … And I will choose the More Commands … in the form, convert to, opportunity. … It says I must save some changes I've made first, … where I made the note. … Okay, let's click Save. … And do it again. … Convert to Opportunity. … Who's the customer? … It's Virginia Frasier. … There's no related campaign. …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.