If the customer awards the business, you will take the next step required in your sales process, like creating an order and an invoice and then marking the opportunity as won. If the proposal was not accepted, you can close the opportunity as lost. Learn how to close orders and mark as won or lost in this video.
- [Instructor] Our last stage is closing … and there are two things that need to be done … in this particular stage. … One is we need to deal with any quotes we have … that are open, … and the second is that we need either close this opportunity … as won or close it as lost. … I want to talk about that aspect of the closing first … so that you understand the difference. … Closes lost means we're not getting this business … and we know that. … We've talked to the customer … and it is clear that one of two things has happened. … Either they are not going to follow this opportunity … at this point, … for example, perhaps the company went out of business, … perhaps they're going to pursue this project any longer. … Whatever it is that's being canceled, … and in that case, we could put in competitor information. … If we wish, we can put in a description … and it's closed as of this date. … The other possibility is our competitor got the business. … We were outsold, … and in that case, we really want to make sure …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.