In this video, learn how to assign transfers ownership of a lead to the new assignee individual or team. Also, learn how to retain ownership but allow collaboration while sharing the lead with others on your team.
- [Instructor] Whenever I create a new record, … I am its default owner. … If you ever wonder who the owner of a record is, … you can point to the More Header Fields button … in the right-hand corner of the form, … click and it will show you who the owner is, … because that's a required field. … Every record has to be owned by somebody. … Perhaps I want to share this lead with one of my colleagues, … because they will also be involved with this, … but I want to retain ownership. … It's like, you can help me with this, … you can work on this with me, but the buck stops with me. … And if I'm going to do that, that's called Sharing. … And I'm going to show you how to do this … using my pretend friend, Joe Admin. … But it will work this way with … your actual colleagues, as well. … We have a search box where you can search for someone, … presumably we'll have a long list of people to find. … I want Joe. … If I wasn't sure this was the right person, … I could click and go see Joe's profile, …
AuthorGini von Courter
- Sales records types and business processes
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating records
- Creating, completing, canceling, and deleting activities
- Qualifying leads
- Assigning and sharing leads
- Viewing and creating opportunities
- Creating a quote
- Completing the closing stage
Skill Level Beginner
Migrating from Salesforce to Dynamics 365with Heather Severino1h 34m Intermediate
Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platformwith Gini von Courter1h 56m Intermediate
1. Dynamics 365 Data and Processes
2. Get Started
3. My Work: Dashboards and Activities
4. Qualify a Lead
5. Work on an Opportunity
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.