Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply customer payments and reconcile accounts, part of Learning Dynamics 365.
- [Instructor] One of the periodic tasks in finance…is to reconcile your bank accounts.…When you reconcile bank accounts…you are applying payments that you have received,…or payments that you have made to the customer…or vendor ledgers.…When we apply a payment that we've received…that ends up ultimately closing the sales invoice as paid.…When we apply a payment that we have made,…we are closing a accounts payable,…or a vendor invoice that we have paid.…
In Dynamics 365 Financials, the easiest way to do this…is to reconcile our payment journal.…I'm going to click on the Payment Reconciliation Journal.…We have one setup for our checking account.…That's the only account that we are using in this example.…If you had other accounts, they would all be here,…and you would choose the particular…payment reconciliation journal that you wished to work with.…There are other places that you can do this.…If you have, for example,…cash that you needed to account for…you could use the Cash Receipt Journal,…which works in a similar way.…
AuthorGini von Courter
In this course, learn how to power your business with Dynamics 365, Business edition. Gini von Courter walks you through how to navigate the suite, create and edit records, and print reports. She also shows you how to work with vendor information, create and post invoices, manage sales interactions, apply customer payments, reconcile accounts, and more.
- Navigating in Dynamics 365
- Creating, saving, and editing a record
- Viewing items
- Viewing and printing a report
- Working with purchasing
- Creating and posting a purchase invoice
- Working with sales
- Recording interactions and updating the opportunity
- Working with finance
Skill Level Beginner
Yammer 2016 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter2h 26m Appropriate for all
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Work with Purchasing
3. Work with Sales
4. Work with Finance
Pay vendors2m 50s
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.