Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Using other CCK field types, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
Now we are going to expand the kinds of data we can put into our Drupal site by…turning on some extra modules. We'll use one module that comes with CCK but…we'll also need to download and install another one and we'll briefly mention a…third. We'll put a slide with all the web addresses you will need at the end.…And as always if you have trouble installing modules, see the video in…lynda.com's Drupal Essential Training course, "Expanding your Site's…Capabilities with Modules."…You might remember that when we first installed and enabled CCK, the only field…type we made available was called text. Now let's turn on the other field type…that comes with CCK, Number. To do so go to Administer > Site building, and…Modules. You will see the CCK group right near the top, go down, select Number,…then down to the end of the page and click Save configuration.…
Let's take a quick look at what at we get by turning on that Number module.…So we don't affect any of our other work, this will just be a temporary content…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships