Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Charts module and Google Charts, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
We have already see one kind of graphical presentation of data in the video…mapping with the Gmap Module. But what about when you want to present…non-locational data? For that you need a chart and fortunately Drupal has a…Module set up exactly for that. It's called un-surprisingly the Charts Module.…By itself it doesn't actually charts, rather it works together with Views to…prepare and deliver data in your Drupal site so that other services can then…into graphical chart form. As I say this, this Module includes hooks to 3 sets…of services, Google Charts, which simply turns your data into a graphic which…gets send back to your site. Open Flash Chart, which is a Flash-based solution…with some really neat features. And Fusion Charts, a commercial solution.…
We are only going to look at the first two of these. That is, Google Charts and…Open Flash Chart. Our task is to get a visual representation of which states…are home to the most family members. As I have done a few times in this course,…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships