Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more Developer and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Before starting this course you should have a basic knowledge of the PHP language and have written a few scripts. Without this background you may lack the context necessary to understand what you are doing which will not serve you well. If you're looking for some background or a refresher, I recommend PHP with MySQL Essential Training with Kevin Skoglund here in the lynda.com online training library. Performing a site installation of Drupal 7 and module installation is considered out of scope of this course. Drupal 7 Essential Training by Tom Geller here in the lynda.com online training library provides several chapters on installing Drupal in several different environments along with the foundations of module management.
- Creating your first module
- Interacting with hooks
- Working with permissions and roles
- Controlling access
- Adding a menu item to an admin interface
- Using the Form API (FAPI) to quickly create a form
- Creating custom form validation
- Manually creating a custom content type
- Validating user input
- Importing content using feeds
- Creating a block
- Understanding best practices and coding standards