Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Shortcuts, part of Drupal 8 Essential Training: 2 Building Out Your Website.
- [Voiceover] All of Drupal's administrative controls…are available through this Manage menu at the top.…But sometimes I also use this Shortcuts menu here,…when I want to add content, or see all content.…By default, Drupal only has those two links in it.…But you can control what shows up in this Shortcut bar,…and who can access those links.…First I'm gonna show you how to add things…to that shortcut bar.…The easiest way is to go to whatever page you want…in the administrative menu,…and for demonstration purposes,…I'll simply go to Structure, and Content types.…
Then you see this little star at the top.…When I hover my cursor over it,…I see Add to Default shortcuts.…And, in fact, that's what I want to do.…So I click it.…And then I can go back to my Shortcuts menu and see,…there's my Content types link.…And it goes exactly where I expect.…There are a few ways to remove things…from that Shortcut bar.…One way is to go to Edit shortcuts.…And then go to the link that you want to remove,…click the pop-up menu, and choose Delete.…
In these tutorials, Tom Geller helps new Drupal designers change the layout and design elements of their sites, control visitor interactions (including comments), arrange content in user-friendly "views," and expand the site's capabilities beyond what's available in core Drupal with Drupal modules. In all the steps you'll learn best practices to ensure your sites remain streamlined, secure, and up to date.
If you want to start from the beginning and create your Drupal site from scratch, check out Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- Grouping content into categories
- Managing comments
- Adding discussion groups
- Customizing fields and image styles
- Adjusting menus and navigation to help users
- Adding new features with Drupal modules