Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the Location module, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
When it comes to entering addresses in Drupal, you could of course just setup a…bunch of CCK fields such as street, city, state and so on, then tie those CCK…fields into a free geocoder, such as the one provided by Google's API and it…would work. Fortunately though, you don't have to roll your own solution.…Address entry in geocoding is such a common need that a Drupal developer named…Brandon Bergren put together some modules that do it all for you.…The first one we're going to look at is the location module, which you can get…from drupal.org/project/location. Brandon also wrote the GMap module. We'll…show you how to use that module in the video mapping with the GMap module.…
So you'll see how a lot of hooks between the two modules allow them to operate…in tendon. I should warn you ahead of time that this module isn't the most…polished. You'll notice that in the demonstration ahead. But as with many…things in Drupal, it's continually involving. So there is hope for improvement.…Also the competitor module called GO holds a lot of promise, and might…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships