Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Putting it all together in an attractive package, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
I hope this course has both impressed you with the vast array of data…presentation possibilities in Drupal, and shown you how to take advantage of…them quickly and easily. We've seen how to do a lot of individual tricks to put…your information into useful and attractive forms, but I think it's just as…important to see how it all adds up to create a site that gives visitors a…clear and data rich experience right from their first visit.…So in this video, we're going to put together a lot of what we've learned right…on the front page. Since we have so many small pieces of information we want to…display, I'm going to to start by downloading and installing the acquia marina…theme, which gives us a lot of block regions to play with. You can get it at…drupal.org/project/acquia_marina. If you need help installing it, see the video…on lynda.com's Drupal Essential Training Series called Finding and Installing a New Theme.…
We're going to turn ours on right now, by simply going to Administer > Site…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships