Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing CCK field placement, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
Now we're going to take a look at some settings that seem small, but can make a…big difference in how your information appears. It's annoying that these…settings are so hidden in Drupal because pretty much every time I design a site…I wonder, "Where are those settings again?" Well, I'll show you.…The first thing that we're going to do is we're going to edit that Person…Content type that we've been working with. To go it, click on Administer and…Content management and then Content types. While I do this, I'm also going to…open up a new window by pressing Command+N in the Mac or Ctrl+N in the PC, so…that I could see what the site actually looks like to everybody else. I often…do this when I'm editing a site. I'll have an administrative window open and…also a window that shows me the results of what I've done. I'll switch among…those windows on the Mac by holding down Command and hitting the Tilde key, on…Windows you'll use Alt+Tab. So you can see I switch back and forth between the two.…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships