Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Learning from built-in views, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
There's one part of the Views interface that we've skipped over until now.…Although there's a good chance you've noticed that at least once. That's the…built-in views that you see when you first go to the Views administration page…as you see here. Some of those built-in views are designed to replace existing…Drupal pages, such as the Home page. Others are just cool.…But all of them are instructive. So let's take a look at a few of them.…The first one that we'll look at is actually the simplest. It's called Front page…and it emulates the front page that Drupal comes with by default. Let's scroll…down and find it. To turn it on, click the Enable button. You'll notice that…one thing it does is to create a page, which is that Front page.…
Let's go there and compare it to the actual front page of the Drupal site.…You'll see that it looks very much like the Front page. If we bring up the…Front page in another browser window and go back and forth between the two,…there's virtually no difference at all, except, of course, you can edit the…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships