Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
Way back about a dozen videos ago, I said that things there were going to get…ugly for a while before they started looking good and if you've been following…along, I'm sure you would agree. Our views have been pretty darn ugly up until now. …But this is the moment you've been waiting for. With just a few clicks,…the views are suddenly going to look a lot better.…It all comes down to the Style option under Basic settings. Up to this point,…we've left it on Unformatted, which just basically takes the data and spits it…back out. But Views comes with three other options built-in: Grid, HTML List,…and Table and some modules, such as the GMap module that we'll look at later,…and other styles as well.…
We'll start by changing the Block display a little. So, the first thing we have…to do is go to the Block display, of course, and then we click on Style:…Unformatted. Now, again, because it is italics, it has to be overridden or will…override the default as well. Scroll down after we click it and click on…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships