Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more Developer and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
From zero to a full featured custom module, this course covered a lot of ground. Some refer to Drupal as having a learning cliff instead of a learning curve, which based on my experience is an apt label. There is a method to the madness to be sure and this course was structured to provide the background and context necessary to making sense of what is needed to build custom functionality into a site that can't be found off the shelf. No one tool is right for every job to be sure. But knowing which toolbox to open and why is important.
I've come to appreciate Drupal both as a system for building web applications and for the community that exists around it. I hope you get involved as well. Thanks for watching.
- Creating your first module
- Interacting with hooks
- Working with permissions and roles
- Controlling access
- Adding a menu item to an admin interface
- Using the Form API (FAPI) to quickly create a form
- Creating custom form validation
- Manually creating a custom content type
- Validating user input
- Importing content using feeds
- Creating a block
- Understanding best practices and coding standards