- [Voiceover] A few times in this course,…we visited Drupal.org to find packages called Modules…that add functionality to our site.…I haven't talked very much about modules or…how I found the ones I demonstrated or how to tell…the good ones from the bad ones.…So let's take a few minutes now so you can see how to find…modules that answer your particular needs.…To do that, we're going to go to Drupal.org,…then click Download and Extend,…and then Modules.…Now, it says that there are 33,000 modules available,…but actually, that's a little misleading.…
It also includes all of the modules for Drupal 7…and Drupal 6 and so on, and you can't use any of those…on your Drupal 8 site.…So the first thing you always wanna do is go to…Core Compatibility and choose 8.x and Search.…Still, there are over 1,000 modules as I make this video,…and there will be more by the time you watch it.…The reason there are so many modules is that Drupal…and all the modules that you see here…are what's called Open Source.…That means that you can copy these modules,…
In these tutorials, Tom Geller helps new Drupal designers change the layout and design elements of their sites, control visitor interactions (including comments), arrange content in user-friendly "views," and expand the site's capabilities beyond what's available in core Drupal with Drupal modules. In all the steps you'll learn best practices to ensure your sites remain streamlined, secure, and up to date.
If you want to start from the beginning and create your Drupal site from scratch, check out Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- Grouping content into categories
- Managing comments
- Adding discussion groups
- Customizing fields and image styles
- Adjusting menus and navigation to help users
- Adding new features with Drupal modules