Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting data in tabular form, part of Drupal 6: Online Presentation of Data.
- View Offline
As you have seen from other videos in this series you can create some…remarkably sophisticated displays of information and in importing and…manipulating data in Drupal, we saw how to get data into Drupal. In this video,…we're going to go in the other direction, to show you how you can use views to…get information out of Drupal in a simple and highly portable format. That is,…as a comma- or a tab-delimited text file.…If you have been watching this series from the beginning you actually have all…the skills you need to figure out how to do this. We're just going to set up a…view with the information we want to export. But in the process of getting…there, we'll come across a couple of difficult points that are typical of the…kind that you discover when you take Drupal into new and unexpected areas.…
The good news is that Drupal is flexible and powerful enough to overcome these…problems. The first thing we'll do as usual is to setup a view. To do so go to…Administer, Site Building and Views click on Add. It will be a Node-based view…
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal's data-query interface, "Views"
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships