Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Explore field types and options, part of Drupal 8 Essentials 2: Building Out Your Website.
- [Voiceover] When we created the artist content type…in another video, we only looked at a few types of field,…such as the image type for the portrait,…and the date type for the date of birth.…But Drupal comes with many other types of field,…and you can download many more…from drupal.org.…This video walks you through some of them.…To see them, we'll go up to structure.…Content types.…And next to artist, we'll click manage fields.…Then, I'll click add field.…
Before we go on to the different types…of fields that you can add when you add a new field,…I just wanna mention this reuse an existing field.…When I click there, you see some of the other types…of field that exist elsewhere in our Drupal installation.…If, for example, we wanted to add comments,…we could add a comment field here.…The comments that you added to these artists…would be stored in the same place as comments…that are added to, for example, articles,…but you would have some control over changes…you could make to their display and so forth.…But for us, we're just going to add a new field.…
In these tutorials, Tom Geller helps new Drupal designers change the layout and design elements of their sites, control visitor interactions (including comments), arrange content in user-friendly "views," and expand the site's capabilities beyond what's available in core Drupal with Drupal modules. In all the steps you'll learn best practices to ensure your sites remain streamlined, secure, and up to date.
If you want to start from the beginning and create your Drupal site from scratch, check out Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- Grouping content into categories
- Managing comments
- Adding discussion groups
- Customizing fields and image styles
- Adjusting menus and navigation to help users
- Adding new features with Drupal modules