Join Tom Geller for an in-depth discussion in this video Establish your site's identity and look, part of Drupal 8 Essentials 1: Getting Started.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Now that you've installed Drupal…and know how to add content…let's take a few steps…and give it some personality.…The first thing we'll change…is the text information that identifies it…like it's name.…Then we'll make some graphical changes.…I'm already logged into our Drupal site…as the administrator.…If you're using the exercise files…the username is 'admin'…all lowercase…and the password is 'drupal'…also all lowercase.…Once you're logged in, go to 'configuration'…and then click 'site information'.…Throughout this course…we're going to build a site for the fictional…San Angelica Museum of Contemporary Art.…
Or 'SAMOCA'.…So I'll change the site name to that.…And I'll give this a slogan.…How about, "Art for everyone, including you".…I'll keep this email address.…Now this email address is not for the administrator…it's for the site itself.…When you set up the site, the two are the same…but you can make them different at this point.…This is the email address that will be used for example…to send you notices about updates to the site.…
This course is the first of the series. No prerequisites are required beyond basic computer skills! These easy-to-follow tutorials show how to install Drupal and other necessary components on a Windows or Mac computer, navigate Drupal's web-based interface, configure the settings of a new Drupal site, create content, and move the site to a server. Every step includes best practices to ensure your website remains streamlined, secure, and up-to-date.
Watch Drupal 8 Essentials 2: Building Out Your Website to find out how to finesse your site with categories, comments, custom styles, and other special features.
- Comparing Drupal to other software
- Getting help with Drupal
- Installing Acquia Dev Desktop on Mac and Windows
- Installing the Drupal database, modules, and themes
- Creating basic content
- Establishing your site's look and feel
- Adjusting security settings
- Adding images and metadata
- Adding a sidebar
- Moving your Drupal website to a server
- Backing up a Drupal site