- View Offline
- Creating your first module
- Interacting with hooks
- Working with permissions and roles
- Controlling access
- Adding a menu item to an admin interface
- Using the Form API (FAPI) to quickly create a form
- Creating custom form validation
- Manually creating a custom content type
- Validating user input
- Importing content using feeds
- Creating a block
- Understanding best practices and coding standards
Skill Level Advanced
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Drupal 7, Custom Module Development. I'm Jon Peck, in this course I'll show you how to extend Drupal 7 sites with new functionality using custom modules. Topics covered include how to control access to new site features, how to create new content types and build forms, how Drupal facilitates data persistence, how to implement proper coding standards and much more. The end result will be a functional module and the foundational knowledge necessary for developing solutions within the Drupal content management framework.
Let's get started.